Where do I sleep???

Where do I sleep??? 1) Friends and family - 36 nights 2) Couch surfing - 3 nights 3) Camping - 20 nights 4) In my car - 32 nights as of 12/24

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 1 - This is gonna be a great trip!

Yesterday I set off for Ithaca to visit my cousin Mark, who is an Ithaca College student, and to attend a Military Families Speak Out (MFSO) presentation featuring anti-war activist Ann Wright.  After nearly destroying my bike and roof rack entering a parking garage, Mark and I bought some things in Ithaca commons and headed over the Unitarian Universalists church for the MFSO talk.  It was great to see Marylin and Bill there and seeing them in action made me really appreciate all the effort they put in to ending these wars.  It was aslo great to see Cheryl and Dave. 
Mark and I left a little early to grab a bite to eat at a restaurant called Taste of Thai.  It was good Thai food at ten times the Thai price; welcome to America.  After dinner we hit a couple of bars in College Town (near Cornell) and chatted it up with lots of other students.  I even got to speak Chinese with some Cornell students I overheard on the street.  It was great to be in a university environment again and to be able to express myself so freely with strangers.  Later, we headed back to his dorm apartment that overlooks Cayuga lake for some more partying with his roommates and classmates.  It was a late night and a great way to start this trip.  Hopefully I'll remember my clearance is 9'6" in the future to avoid anymore close calls with my bike.  I drove a total of 88 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment