Where do I sleep???

Where do I sleep??? 1) Friends and family - 36 nights 2) Couch surfing - 3 nights 3) Camping - 20 nights 4) In my car - 32 nights as of 12/24

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 2: Family and fresh food on the farm


 
After joining Mark for breakfast and taking a quick walk around the Ithaca College campus I headed over to SUNY Courtland to catch lunch with cousin Rachel.  We hit up a new brick oven restaurant on Main St and although our meeting was brief, it was awesome to see Rachel again.  Next, I stopped by cousin Matt's place and from there it was onto the farm. 

Uncle Robert has been organic farming for years now and he's pretty good at it.

The weather was great all day and lucky for me uncle Robert got out of work early and was kind enough to show me around the fields.  Needless to say, I got my hands dirty and was rewarded with at least a months supply of some of the world's finest potatoes, carrots, beets, beans, and garlic. 


Diggin' for taters.
   


I had recently read an article about the how this season's apples were supposed to be some of the best in a while and I was keen on the idea of going to get some for my trip.  Aunt Cheryl and uncle Dave were generous enough to take me down the road to an orchard where you can pick your won apples and eat as many as you want while doing so.   
We picked a few varieties and had to sample each.
 



Apple pickin'!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, the pay off for a fun day's work was dinner at Elaine and Roberts with the Perrys.  The food and conversations were excellent as always.  Also, it was nice that I only had to drive 37 miles.
 
 
 
Matt, Dave, Robert, Cheryl and Elaine - Thanks!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment