Where do I sleep???

Where do I sleep??? 1) Friends and family - 36 nights 2) Couch surfing - 3 nights 3) Camping - 20 nights 4) In my car - 32 nights as of 12/24

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day Six: Back to 2nd Grade (for a day)

Courtney in action
I woke up early yesterday, as teachers in America must do, because I was following my little sister Courtney for a day in her second grade class at Samuel Staples Elementary.  She had a fun and colorful room with a smart board which lets you display your computer on a big board that doubles as the user interface.  Her kids were really cute and excited about learning and their good behavior testifies to Courtney's excellence in classroom control and direction.  We said the Pledge of Allegiance, which since leaving school has struck me as interesting albeit rote way to reinforce patriotism on our youth, and then did some worksheets followed by a spelling quiz I administered.  The day went very smoothly and I had fun reading aloud from a Roald Dahl book, doing a presentation slideshow of Taiwan and making paper lanterns.  After school, Courtney showed me around town and for dinner Ryan made some incredible Gyros.  Thanks to Courtney and Ryan for all that and the room they let me stay in at their place.
Here are the lanterns we made

No comments:

Post a Comment